Thursday 17 December 2009

FH Part 3

I was awoken by the sun shining brightly through my bedroom window. The rain clouds of the night before had given way to a beautiful morning. I had a smile on my face. It was a smile of mild contentment. FH was sleeping peacefully. Her right arm was draped across my chest as she nuzzled into my neck. I ran a finger softly up and down her back.

The wine from the night before had left me feeling s little dehydrated and in need of a glass of water. I carefully lifted her arm off my chest and walked quietly to the kitchen to pour myself a drink from the kitchen tap. The water was refreshing as i gulped it down. I was refilling the glass for a second time when I felt a pair of hands go around my waist. "Morning" she whispered, as she kissed the side of my neck. "Can I have a glass too?" she asked. "Here", I said, and handed her the glass I had been refilling. I turned around to face her as she gulped it down. "You know, you look pretty good with no clothes on" I said, smiling. She smiled sweetly, "I know". she put down the now empty glass and took my hand. "Come on" she said, as we left the kitchen.

An hour later and we were having breakfast in a local cafe.

FH - Oh where's the nearest tube station?

Me - Don't worry, I'll drop you. I've got the car parked just around the corner.

FH - That's very sweet, thank you (smiles).

Me - I know (smiles).

FM - Can we stop by yours on the way. I think I've left my earrings by your bed.

Me - Sure.

We set the world to rights over bacon and eggs as we flicked through the morning papers. After enjoying another cup of tea, I paid the bill and turned to her. "Right," I said "lets get you home". She smiled.

I left her in the passenger seat of my car as I went to get her earrings from my flat, pausing only to clarify where she left them. "I think I left them on the window ledge by your bed". "Great" I said. "Back in a sec".

I entered the flat and went straight to the bedroom. I scanned over to the side of my bed and saw a pair of silver hoop earrings. "Excellent" I thought as i put them in my pocket and headed back out to the car.

She was adjusting her lipstick in the mirror of the sun visor as I climbed back into the driving seat. She looked at me and smiled as I handed her the contents of my pocket. "There you go, one pair of earrings" I said as i played with my seat belt and turned the ignition key. I smiled and looked across at her. She looked back at me, only this time the smile had been replaced by an icy stare. "I don't wear hoop earrings".

No comments: